New York is an perfect place to visit in winter, spring, summer, and autumn. There is no bad season or inappropriate time to try the famous New York pizza or hotdog. The first things we associate the city with are, of course, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Broadway, and the Brooklyn Bridge. But New York is much more than those crowded places and famous monuments. The secret of The Big Apple is in its atmosphere and citizens. So, to feel the real New York, visiting the Fifth Avenue and Central Park is not enough. You have to search for something more, something hidden from the tourist’s eyes.You have to visit those secret attractions and hidden cafes, which are known and visited by locals only. That is the true way to feel the real city.
So, take a pen, a sheet of paper, write down everything we’re going to talk about and book the next flight to New York. Fortunately, there are constant flights from any corner of the world- Ivano-Frankivsk to New York flights, Kyiv, London, Paris, Munich, etc. There are flights for the taste and budget of everyone. So, don’t hesitate to visit one of the most famous cities in the world.
Hidden Gems of New York City
Today, we’re going to talk about best New York attractions, which are open to everyone, but not mentioned in any of the famous guidebooks. So, let’s start the trip.
Places to Visit
- Our first spot is Chinatown. Chinatown in New York City has nothing in common with Chinatowns all over the world. Here you can find a lot of interesting and even famous places. First of all, find a Cortlandt Alley. It is an iconic location for movie lovers. Cortland Alley appeared in numerous successful movies like Men in Black, Gotham, The Highlander, etc. A lot of musicians use this place as the main location for their music videos.
- The next spot in Chinatown is Yunhong Chopsticks Shop. If you’re interested in Chinese culture, this place will blow you away. Yunhong Chopsticks Shop offers hundreds of decorative and handmade chopsticks to the taste of everyone – green, red, yellow, black, blue, etc.
- The last but not the least is the Atlantic Avenue Subway Tunnel. The tunnel was created in distant 1844. It is one of the easiest ways to see what New York’s architecture was back in those years. Quite fascinating and interesting.
Places to Eat
Now it is high time to try something delicious. What places to visit first? Don’t go to fancy French and Italian restaurants while being in New York. The Big Apple has something better.
- Go to «Russ and Daughters» or «Katz’s» for a juicy pastrami sandwich with a lot of meat and some sour pickles.
- Find the «Two Hands» cafe, which is extremely popular among locals for its delicious brunches with huge portions of ricotta hotcakes, smashed avocados, and sweet potato waffles.
So, don’t waste any single minute. Book a ticket and explore the New York City!