This is my first “planned trip around the world” and I have to admit that planning it is rather fun. I’ve lived overseas extensively but never planned this type of a trip. I’ve already finalized plans and found accommodation in Argentina and Chile. Im currently in the process of finding an apartment in Medellin Colombia but have a few friends that say I should go to Cartagena instead. I will be spending 1-3 months in each country setting up a base and then backpacking from there to my destinations when time permits (we all have to work right?). My first leg of my itinerary around the world is already quasi finalized with South America. My South Africa (not the country the area) and Asia itineraries need a some refinement.
I’ve never been to Asia so I would love your input, comments, feedback, and suggestions! (Especially on leg 3)
South America Itinerary: Leg 1
Confirmed apartment in San Telmo Argentina right on the corner of Plaza Dorrego. One of the incredible Buenos Aires barrios I plan on sharing and why its the best for Buenos Aires accommodation.
- Iguazu Falls (2nd visit) – Brazil/Paraguay side and (cross my fingers) helicopter ride
- Patagonia – Penguins in Puerto Madryn, Bariloche, Ushuaia, La Tierra Del Fuego
- Mendoza – Argentine wine country
- Cordoba – Heartland of Argentina
- Rio de Janerio, Sao Paulo, Salvador, others not finalized
Chile Guide: Confirmed apartment in downtown Santiago
- Valparaiso, Santiago, Antarctica, Easter Island, Glaciers, Atacama Desert
Colombia Guide: Set base in either Medellin or Bogota
- Medellin, Cartagena, Bogota, Cali, Barranquilla (Angel Falls, French Guyana, and Guyana)
Peru Guide: Set base in Lima (Linares Peru)
Africa Guide: Leg 2
Kenay Guide: Set base in Nairobi
- Mount Kenya, Mount Kilimanjaro, The Great Migration, Mombasa
- South Africa, Stone Forrest, Victoria Falls/Devils Pool
Asia: Not solidified yet.. any suggestions?
Itineraries Around the World:
Like What You've Read?
If so, please join over 50,000 people who receive exclusive weekly travel tips. exotic destination details, and my free guide to everything you need to know to day trade and travel around the world. Click the blue button below!Get Started