Winter is the most preferred travel season as we get to bask in the beauty of the snow capped mountain and enjoy an adrenaline rush with sports like skiing. Today we are going to take a look at some tips which can turn you into a smart traveler on the upcoming winter vacay:
- Woolens top our list of the most important things to pack while traveling during the winter months. Here you need to strike the right balance of staying buffered from the chilly weather without having to carry too much weight. Smart travelers often check the temperature of their destination to pack woolens in adequate quantities. Investing in body-warmers can keep your comfort meter high while visiting places having extreme winters. Some winter accessories like gloves, caps, and mufflers can also keep you cozy during your next travel.
- If your travel involves considerable walking, then investing in a good pair of shoes is always preferable. Irrespective of the amount of woolens you pack into your suitcase, without the right pair of shoes, you won’t be able to make much of your trip. Boots are a top choice if you are planning on snow walking or hill climbing. Loafers and heels are a strict no-no while traveling in winter. Rather you can carry an additional pair of slippers for being worn at the hotel and while lounging within the premises.
- Winters are synonymous with coughs and colds. This is why you need to carry adequate medicines to strengthen your immunity system so that you can enjoy the beauty of nature to its fullest. Motion sickness is another big problem faced by travelers while going down the hill and so you need to carry adequate counter vomiting medication.
- Tissues and napkins can take up the role of life-savers on your next winter vacation. You might not always get warm water handy for washing your hands. Our body becomes more vulnerable to infections under cold weather conditions. Blowing a runny nose can offer instant relief. However, you should refrain from littering tissues all around and store them separately for proper disposal.
- Chocolates are a tried and tested option for catering to your sweet cravings and keeping your body warm. This has made it a top choice for being carried to your winter travel vacations. Mountain climbing is especially exhausting and a small chocolate chunk can charge you up instantly.
- The weather becomes cold and dry at higher altitudes and this can wreak havoc on your skin. Hilly regions also receive direct sun rays and this can dry up your skin moisture. This is why you should make it a point to carry proper moisturizers and good quality sunscreen so that your skin remains shielded from environmental stimulants every time you step out.
- Our water consumption decreases substantially during winter months but it is extremely important to stay hydrated while on the move. You can get a thermal water bottle for carrying hot beverages and sipping them on the go. It is best to opt for a lightweight leakproof model.
- You might not get charging stations at regular intervals while traveling. This is why smart travelers make it a point to carry a power bank to prevent their smartphones from running out of juice. Phone networks are low at high altitudes and this causes faster drainage of the battery. Clicking pictures, taking videos, using the flash to view the road ahead, using online maps for navigating the road, and playing songs can cause your phone battery to die out soon. This is why you should always carry a power bank so that you can keep using your smartphone without worrying about battery drainage.
As Covid restrictions are relaxing, international tourism is again attaining a solid boost. Travelers are choosing among exotic destinations like Valencia. Different airport car rental and car hire services have sprung up around the city for travelers to commute easily. Before planning the trip, you need to enquire about the local car rental services and how much they charge for a round trip from VLC airport.